Friday, November 6, 2009

Fragment - Warren Fahy

Wow, what a fun book! I was home sick from work today and absolutely devoured this - start to finish in less than 24 hours.

You might think that this is your typical Jurassic Park-style book but this one is so much more.

A lost island has been found. This particular island broke off of a large landmass eons before Pangaea even existed. All life on this entire island has developed and evolved independently and is radically different from anything that exists anywhere else on the planet. There is NOTHING on the island that resembles anything else, anywhere else. Everything, all the flora, all the fauna, is deadly. The descriptions of the creatures is amazingly imaginative
(especially the spigers!) and it makes me, against my better judgement, wish I could see it all for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment